Hi, my name is Natalie and I am the counsellor behind Harmonised Minds. I am a trained integrative counsellor and my educational background includes level 2, level 4, foundation degree and Honours degree in areas such as counselling, counselling children, communication, forensic psychology and mental health. I am registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and the National Counselling Society (MNCS Accredited).
This means my behaviour and actions are monitored by two professional bodies and Counsellors registered must adhere to their policies to ensure they work ethically and protect their clients.
Membership numbers supplied on request.
Training and Continued Professional Development
Harmonised Minds is dedicated to providing the best possible service and undertaken vigorous training and continued professional development.
- University of Ulster Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- University of Ulster Foundation Degree in Counselling.
- Frank Liddy Mindfulness Training.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) Level 5 Course.
- Safeguarding Children and Adults who may be vulnerable training.
- Children and Young People: Self and Identity BACP training.
- HSC LGBT Creating Inclusion Training.
- Dr Jane Simms Working With Complex Grief Workshop.
- LivingWorks Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training.
- Zest For Life Anger Managment Training.
- ABC Awards Counselling Children and Adolescents Level 4.
- COE Play Therapy Diploma Course.
- OA Diploma Counselling Children and Adolescents.
- COE Psychoanalysis Diploma Course.
- Oplex Anger Managment Advanced Course.
- OA Diploma Drug, Solvent and Alcohol Abuse Counselling.
- NCB Bullying Awareness Course.
- OCN Parent-Teen Communication Level 2.
- OU Attachment in the Early Years Course.
- Wave Understanding Psychological Trauma Workshop.
- OU The Body: A phenomenological psychological perspective Course.
- Oplex Child Neglect Awareness and Protection Level 2.
- OU Introduction to Child Psychology Course.
- NAS Woman and Girls on the Autism Spectrum Training.
- University of Derby Depression: A Compassionate View.
- Action Trauma Summit.
- OU Emotions and Emotional Disorders.
- ABC Awards Diploma in Couples and Family Therapy.
What is counselling?
Counselling is a talking therapy. A trained counsellor will listen to you and help you find ways of dealing with emotional issues. Harmonised Minds Counselling Services provides this for all ages, utilising different theories and concepts such as CBT and Humanisim to help each individual client.
Harmonised Minds Counsellors will support you without judging or criticising. They can help you gain a better understanding of your feelings and thought processes and help you find your own solutions.
Benefits of counselling
Counselling can help all sorts of people in lots of different situations. It works well whether you are old, young, male, female, rich or poor. Your educational background makes no difference either.
Counselling is for anyone who is going through a bad time or has emotional problems they can’t sort out on their own. For many adults, it may be the same as or more effective than medication.
Sometimes its easier to talk to a stranger than to relatives or friends. A counsellor will give you time to talk, cry, shout or just think. It’s an opportunity to look at your problems in a different way with someone who will respect you and your opinions.
The aim of counselling is to help you feel better. Some people say that counselling didn’t make their problems go away but they find it easier to cope with them and feel happier.